Friday, February 22, 2008

Catching up: Listener 3965

Slow accumulation of clues was the theme for this one. A little here, a little there, and sometimes it helps to work backwards - I found the solitaire grid infinitely easier to complete than the key grid. To the point that I needed to use the squares I'd figured out (and even a little trickery based on how the solitaire game at the end - for example, knowing that "AT" was in square 1, then square 2 had to contain something that could be jumped over at that point in the game).

Two weeks after the grid came out, I was ready to play the game. I printed out another copy of the grid, cut it up into little pieces and played. It was fun for a while, then I figured it would be easier to just compare the solitaire grid to all the answers in the key grid, and found I was left with N, O, DI, AM, D which gave a pretty obvious word and order.

Tally: George 2, Listener 1

No comments: